Traveling can be fun, but traveling for work isn’t always a carefree vacation. Stress of the job compiled with airline fees, airport mazes, and flight delays can take the wind from under your wings real fast. Making sure you pack the right items for your carry-on, as well as your checked luggage can be a real headache, too, thanks to all the new security regulations.
Here are some helpful tips to alleviate some of the stress when packing for business trips.
- Pack all essential, like underwear and a toothbrush, and valuable items, like jewelry and electronics, in your carry-on. Luggage can and will be “lost” at some point and you don’t want to be stranded in a location without your necessities and/or priceless items.
- Wear slip on shoes to the airport. This will help you move through security checkpoints a little quicker.
- Stick to color patterns that mix and layer easily.
- Airport security regulations require liquid containers like contact solution and shampoos to be placed in a quart-sized bag in your carry-on.
- Bring an empty water bottle and fill it up once you pass through security. Not only are you saving money from not having to purchase water bottles, but you’ll stay hydrated, as well!